OSHA and the Handling of Bio-Medical Waste Overview
OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)’s mission is to prevent work-related injuries, illnesses and occupational fatality by issuing and enforcing standards for workplace safety and health with annual requirements for OSHA Training.
Part of the enforced standard is to legally require annual training on the dangers and safety protocols for Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and the Handling of Bio-Medical Waste in accordance with OSHA standard 29 CFP 1910.1030 as well as, if applicable, the State of Florida Dept. of Health Chapter 64E-16, F.A.C. Biomedical Waste.
The RSL Healthcare Consulting, LLC Program meets the OSHA Annual Training Requirement for Bloodborne Pathogens and Handling of Biomedical Waste including the newest Hazard Communication Standards.
All employees will be educated on the epidemiology, symptoms, and transmission of bloodborne pathogen diseases and handling of biomedical waste. In addition, the training program covers, at a minimum, the following elements:
1) An explanation of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard and Handling of Biomedical Waste including the newest Hazard Communications.
2) An explanation of methods to recognize tasks and other activities that may involve exposure to blood including what constitutes an exposure incident
3) An explanation of the types, uses, location, removal, handling, decontamination, and disposal of PPE
4) APIC standards for Infection Control
5) Information on the hepatitis B vaccine, including information on its mode of transmission, symptoms, prevention methods, benefits of being vaccinated and that the vaccine will be offered free of charge
6) Information on the appropriate actions to take and persons to contact in an emergency involving blood or other potentially infection materials
7) An understanding of your medical records following an exposure incident
8) and more...
9) Each participant will receive a certificate of completion for their personal and facility files.
Whether it is on-site or via a go-to /video telecommunication visit, each facility will be personally trained on the latest standards and feel more comfortable with bloodborne pathogens and how to handle bio-medical waste!!!
RSL Healthcare Consulting, LLC is here to help you with all of your compliance needs and will always keep you up to date and at the highest standard of patient safety, satisfaction and facility compliance.
Please call us to find out the latest rules and regulations and how we can help you and your facility.
For more information, and for a free consultation, please call 561-213-5125 or email Info@RSLHCC.com. Please also visit our linkedin and facebook pages at RSL Healthcare Consulting, LLC and Remember:
It is our company’s goal to become "YOUR PARTNER IN PATIENT SAFETY"